Secondary School Activity Week Programs
GVFFC has been running fly fishing programs for secondary/grammar schools for over a decade. Programs can be organised for as short a time as three hours, to fit into existing programs or they can be all inclusive five day programs making them a great standalone ‘Activities Week’ option.
Some facts about fly fishing and our programs:
- Fly fishing is safe with no injuries in our 19 years of operation
- Fly fishing is an outdoor activity that gets students out into the natural environment
- Fly fishing requires lateral thinking and an acquisition of skills in a step by step sequence
- Fly fishing is perfect for Year 9 students and up
- Programs run along the lines of a school day with after hours activities including movie/pizza night offered in our fly fishing centre at Thornton
- Accommodation options are many and varied with most groups choosing to stay in tents in the caravan park next door
- Professionally accredited instructors, all with current working with children certification, ensure that students are well looked after
- Program designed by a staff member with 25+ years experience in the Victorian Education System
- Packages designed to suit the needs/budget requirements of all schools
Our services are utilised by a dozen schools from Ballarat to Gippsland, Melbourne to Geelong. Packages customised to suit any time frame and budget. Phone us today to learn more. Click on the image above to download/view the recent FlyLife article on our fly fishing programs for schools.
or for more information phone us on Free Call 1800